Top Up Security Officers Course
17 February 2023
10 March 2023 24 March 2023
21 April 2023 7 April 2023
12 May 2023 11 May 2023
23 June 2023 2 June 2023
14 July 2023 7 July 2023
25 August 2023 4 August 2023
15 September 2023 8 September 2023
20 October 2023 13 October 2023
3 November 2023 3 November 2023 (at Reading)
15 December 2023 14 December 2023
1. Learners should, as a minimum, have English language skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening to learn and pass the course.
2. Learners are to present the following documents:
a. First Aid or Emergency First Aid passed certificate. The certificate must be valid for at least 12 months from the course start date. Alternatively, learners may book themselves on one of the First Aid or Emergency First Aid courses with us.
b. To register for this qualification, learners must be aged 18 and over.
3. From October 2021, anyone wishing to renew their Security Officer licence will be required to achieve the Level 2 Award for Security Officer in the PSI (Top Up) qualification before they can submit their licence renewal application to the SIA.
1. Learners' identification is checked at the start of the course and before they undertake the assessment. One of the following as proof of a learner’s identity is required:
• a valid passport (any nationality)
• a signed UK photocard driving licence
• a valid warrant card issued by HM forces or the police
• another photographic ID card, e.g. employee ID card, student ID card, travel card etc.
2. Learners without a proper identification will not be able to sit the exam hence it is important that they carry their ID with them on the first day of the course and on the examination day.
COURSE CONTENTS (Total classroom days: 1 Study hours: Total 4 hours
Module 1 - Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry (2 hours)
Chapter 1 Understand terror threats and the role of security operatives in the event of a threat
Chapter 2 On line training with tutor's guidance on Action Counters Terrorism (ACT) & other theory lessons
Learners will need to complete ACT Awareness and ACT Security e-learning, download certificates and hand a copy to the centre before the course starts.
Module 2 - Principles of minimising personal risk for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry (2 hours)
Chapter 1 Know how to minimise risk to personal safety at work
Chapter 2 Know what actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents
Assessment method. This qualification is assessed by externally set multiple-choice examinations and the Workbook that the learners should complete before the course starts.
Learners cannot transfer unit achievement from previous security qualifications (those available before April 2021) to this qualification.